Search This Blog

Friday 18 July 2014

Dear Jesus protect us from harm and green arm

Having spent my teenage years in a rural community in Westmoreland I was exposed to a whole host of myths ranging from how to ward off duppy to how to eradicate green arm. Today as I was held hostage on the bus by a man with the greenest of arms I tried to remember what mamma used to say was the sure fire remedy for that affliction. Was it baking soda? Hot potato? Banana leave? Unfortunately my brain decided to pull blanks.

You mean to tell me in modern day Jamaica with running water and cheap soap people still a walk around with " green arm"

Not even the memories from  when I used to walk past saw mills as a child with freshly cut cedar tree could compete. The man rere so green and the a/c just circulate the scent I almost passed flat out.

That stomach turning smell need axe, halls,gingerlog, icy mint sweetie inna one fi help soothe the stomach.

Oh lord please  protect  us from harm and these wicked green arms.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN...
    Especial at the end up a school day and the boy dem green arm and sweaty.

    ReplyDelete